The secret to maximising the value of your digital content
If your business uses digital content as part of its marketing strategy you’ll know how difficult it can be to come up with new and click-worthy ideas all the time.
For example, blog posts can take hours, if not days, to come together so that they hit the mark with your customers and Google. But once they are live on your website the pressure starts to mount to produce something just as appealing.
At this point, we’re going to let you in on a secret that will help you maximise the return on your content brainwaves and expand the reach of your digital marketing.
The secret to never-ending digital content
Wouldn’t it be great if you could find countless ways to reuse and repurpose your content? Well, you can do exactly that.
Even the best content creators don’t come up with new ideas every day; they recycle them. It saves time, money and helps to reinforce the message that they are trying to get across.
If you’re thinking ‘people will get bored with repurposed content’ the chances are they may not even notice. None of your customers are following you on every social media platform or scouring Google for the same search results at the same time. And with social media algorithms playing their part, they’re very unlikely to see all of the content you produce.
Repurposing and recycling your digital content will increase the chances of your target audience seeing it in one form or another.
Ways to repurpose your content
Here are just a few of the ways to repackage your digital content that will help reinforce your marketing messages and even boost traffic to your website:
Ways to recycle blog posts
Blog posts are our go-to starting point for content marketing. They keep your website fresh, drive traffic your way and give you useful information to share with your customers. Read more about why your business needs a blog.
Here are some ways you can repurpose these valuable marketing assets:
- Record your blog posts as podcasts. You can even bring in a colleague or guest to discuss the key points. Here’s how to start a podcast for your business.
- Turn a collection of blog posts into an ebook that you can use as a lead magnet.
- Create a video summarising your main points. Videos aren’t difficult to produce – you can make them on any smartphone. Embed your video in your blog post and share it on social media.
Ways to repurpose testimonials
Client testimonials build brand credibility and authenticity. After all, who doesn’t look for reviews online before making a purchase these days?
Here’s how to get extra value from what your clients say about you:
- Share your testimonials on your website and on related service or product pages.
- Turn great soundbites into social media graphics.
- Share customer comments in your newsletter.
Ways to repackage case studies
Writing and sharing case studies is the perfect way to show hot leads to how they will benefit from working with you.
Make the most of the time and effort it takes to put them together by repurposing them:
- Add case studies to your marketing brochures, media kit and website.
- Summarise your case studies on your blog with the option for people to download the full version.
- Ask happy customers to record a video for you.
Ways to reuse press releases
When you’ve got news to share with the world a press release is one of the top tools for getting it into the media. However, once it has left your outbox you lose control of how it will be used.
Don’t waste all the effort you used to craft that perfect news piece. Reuse it with these ideas:
- Add your press releases to your business blog.
- Create a series of infographics for Pinterest or Instagram to highlight the key messages.
- Record a video sharing your news on Facebook, IGTV on Instagram or YouTube.
Even more ways to repurpose content
A lot of these ideas are interchangeable. For example, a video can be turned into a blog post and a case study can become a press release.
You can also use your recycled digital content to spark new ideas. Ask your audience what they’d like to see next. Let them be your editorial panel. You can also use Google Search Console to find out what your customers are looking for online.
The key to maintaining an engaged audience and turning prospects into leads is creating content that meets their needs.
If you want help to create or repurpose digital content we can help. Amplify PR is a Hampshire-based PR and content marketing agency that works with clients to make content that supports their business objectives. Find out more about our content marketing services.