Why you should use content marketing to amplify your brand
Content marketing isn’t a new phenomenon, it has been around for awhile but most of the time you don’t consider it to be marketing. Think about that really useful guide about choosing a holiday – look closely and you’ll see it was published by Expedia; another example are those really easy to follow free recipes that you pick up from Waitrose; and what about those thought-provoking videos on YouTube about beauty by Dove soap. Whether it’s subtle or more obvious branded content, the pay-off is the same – attract more customers and make more sales.
It’s not just big brands that use content marketing, small businesses also use it and hugely benefit from it as a promotional tactic.
First of all, what is content marketing?
Content marketing is about creating information that is of interest to your target market; detail that inspires, amuses or solves a problem. If you have achieved your objectives; your customer base will then want to find out more, tell others about you, work with you or buy your products and services.
There’s lots of different types of content, for example: blogs, infographics, videos, podcasts, case studies, testimonials, brochures, newsletters, e-books and white papers. You drive the content via your website and use social media to share it and let people know about it. Consider amplifying it even further by combining it with PR, pay-per-click or an event.
How can content marketing amplify your brand?
Content marketing is new on the block when compared to television, radio and print ads, but even the advertising industry is saying that content marketing is a much more effective way of reaching consumers. Buying habits have changed, people don’t want to be sold to anymore and increasingly people are researching products online.
The beauty of content marketing is that you’re getting your message across without being in your customers’ faces shouting BUY ME! Instead you’re showing them (not telling them) what your products and services can do. You’re providing useful information, helping them solve a problem or entertaining them – you’re effectively giving your customers something of value that has cost them nothing. This kind of tactic builds relationships, which in turn leads to sales.
Here are some more benefits of content marketing:
- By creating fresh content and publishing it on your website, you boost your SEO and position in Google’s search results.
- Content drives more people to visit your website and find out more about your business, and its products and services.
- You can show off your expertise, build trust with your customers, and establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry.
- It’s cheaper to produce and publish blogs, white papers and infographics than traditional broadcast and printed adverts. Video is more affordable nowadays too.
- Publishing content online, increases your digital footprint and helps more people find your business online.
- Most of all, content marketing is great for brand awareness – you can really use it to showcase your business; what it does, the benefits to customers, your brand values, your expertise, and convert interest into sales.
If this has piqued your interested then find out how to put together a content marketing calendar.
So there you have it. If you promote your brand online – and who doesn’t these days – can you afford not to be using content marketing? Want to find out more about our content marketing services? Get in touch.